Our Travel Clinic is staffed by a GP and several nurses with specialist travel medicine knowledge. The Clinic is available on Tuesday afternoons.
Our aim is to provide a “one stop” type service where you will have a nurse and doctor consultation followed by any required vaccinations at the same appointment. You are required to remain in the surgery for 20 minutes after receiving any vaccination to be observed for any untoward reaction. Some vaccines require a course to gain full immunity. A booster may be needed at a later date for some vaccines.
It is advisable to have your consultation 2-3 months prior to travel, if possible, to allow time to complete a course of vaccination if required. Travel information and prices of vaccines will be given at the consultation.
Process to make an appointment for the Travel Clinic
- If you're registered to book online, you can do that here or you can register here with ConnectMed to make online bookings at Pukekohe Health.
- You can also phone Pukekohe Family Health Care to lodge a call with our Phone Nurse, our contact details are here
- The Phone Nurse will ask about your destination and timeframe for travel.
- The Phone Nurse will make your Travel Clinic appointment.
- Vaccines given include the following:
- Hepatitis A & B